He was one of the founders of the camp who was there from the very beginning to help the camp break ground and put the coaching team together.
Jiří Bubla was born in Usti-nad-Labem on January 27, 1950. He is a Legend of Czech (Czechoslovak) hockey.
Player position – Defenseman.
- Player career: HCZ Litvinov, Dukla Jihlava, Sparta CKD Praha, Vancouver Canucks (NHL);
- Triple World Champion of 1972, 1976, 1977;
- Silver medalist of Winter Olympics of 1976;
- Silver medalist of World Championships of 1971, 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979;
- Finalist of the Canada Cup 1976;
- Triple Czechoslovakia Champion of 1970, 1971, 1972;
- Stanley Cup Finalist of 1982;
- Played 230 games for the Czechoslovak National Team;
- Played 472 games in Czechoslovak Championship, scored 94 goals;
- Played 256 games for Vancouver Canucks in NHL, scored 17 goals and 101 assists;
- Father of ice hockey Olympic champion Jiri Šlégr.
Jiří Bubla was inducted into the Czech Hockey Hall of Fame on March 6, 2010.